Nov 13, 2017
Wilson Hall, Room 214
Join Horizons as Sunny Shah and former Horizonites Will Yoo and Lizzie Halper talk about opportunities to break into roles in Silicon Valley as both a technical and non-technical person. The Horizons School of Technology builds tomorrow's technology leaders through an immersive technology curriculum. Past Horizonites come from engineering, business, liberal arts and design backgrounds - they've gone on to receive product management, engineering, and venture capital offers from firms such as Google, Facebook, Zappos.com, Yelp, Optimizely, Redfin, Insight Venture Partners, McKinsey and Slack. No coding experience needed! >> Join the facebook event.
What will you learn?
- Their backgrounds (finance vs. tech, product management, machine learning, investing)
- How we gave up traditional opportunities to break into tech
- If you want to be an entrepreneur, but aren't ready to start just yet, what you should do?
- What are the best companies to work for to maximize your career potential. Companies like Google, Goldman, McKinsey don't make our list.
- How to prioritize pay, company, role when thinking about a career in technology