This information is for applicants who have been admitted and have accepted our offer. Please note that we do not require an enrollment deposit at this time.


Official transcripts must be submitted from your degree granting institutions for all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Official transcripts should be sent directly to the Engineering Graduate Admissions Office from the issuing institution, or delivered by hand in a stamped, sealed, institutional envelope. If your official transcript does not show receipt of the degree earned you must also send a certificate of graduation (with translation if needed). Transcripts may be mailed to:

McKelvey School of Engineering at WashU
Attention: Engineering Graduate Student Services
1 Brookings Drive, Campus Box 1220
Lopata Hall 203
St. Louis, MO 63130

If your institution issues electronic transcripts, your institution should send the electronic transcripts to:

Financial Certification — International Master’s Applicants Only

Master's applicants who have accepted an offer of admission must submit documentation proving sufficient funds are available to support their studies and living expenses. The minimum amount to be certified for the academic year is noted in the admission offer letters. The amount is based on the annual tuition charges plus an estimated cost-of-living figure, as well as an allocation for health insurance and student fees. Master's applicants should be prepared to submit their financial documentation as soon as they accept their offer of admission; it should not be submitted earlier than that time.

PhD applicants will work with the Graduate School to secure an I-20. You may contact the Graduate School at

Financial documentation checklist

Declaration & Certification Of Finances (DCOF)

Select and download the DCOF appropriate to the duration of your program of study. Engineering master's degrees range in duration from one year to two years. Programs may be completed in fewer semesters with adviser approval. Please see the list below to determine which DCOF you should complete.

This form must be signed in English when asked for a signature. We will not accept typed signatures.

Supporting financial certification documents

  • Documents must be in English or have an accompanied English translation.
  • Bank certification documents must indicate liquid funds are available before the start of classes; investment statements are not accepted.
  • Original documents must be issued/dated within six months of submission to WashU.
  • Bank letters must be on official letterhead and signed by a bank official. Letters are preferred over statements.
  • Bank statements are accepted if they are certified by a bank official's signature and stamp/seal.

Statement of Support

  • New Student Statement of Support is to be submitted if the funds are in an account held by anyone other than the applicant.
  • This form must be signed by the sponsor, not the student. We will not accept typed signatures. The sponsor's signature is required in the boxed area on the form.
  • The length of time support is being provided should match the duration of your program of study.

A color scan of your official passport's biographical pages

  • The biographical pages show your name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date, and expiration date.
  • Photos are not accepted and the scan must be clearly readable.

Graduate Student Status Form