Established in 2002, the Engineering Mentor Program provides students with the opportunity to interact with alumni who share their perspective on their own education and career development, as well as offering advice about their professional fields. In addition, the Engineering Mentor Program provides an opportunity for alumni to network with fellow engineering alumni from the St. Louis area.
Three events are held during the course of the academic year to provide an opportunity for mentors and their students to interact – but mentors are encouraged to engage their students beyond the organized events.
Annual group events:
- Engineering Mentor Kickoff (October)
- Networking Reception & Roundtable (February)
- Appreciation & Program Wrap-Up (April)
Suggested activities include:
- Invite your student to your office for a job shadow day
- Review your student's resume
- Conduct a mock interview with your student
- Introduce your mentee to other professionals
- Maintain contact with your student via email or phone