What is Mentor Collective at WashU Engineering?
- An international online mentoring community
- Mentor Collective matches WashU students with a trained alumni mentor based on common interests, background, academics, and professional aspirations.
What do mentors and mentees discuss?
- How will my major impact my professional options?
- How do I balance the demands of school, sleep, and socializing?
- How can I set myself up for academic, social, and career success?
- Professionally, what does it mean to be an engineer?
Common Matching Qualities: Travelled internationally, school is in a different state or country, thought school was hard, more outgoing, enjoys exploring new places, family time, hiking, religion and prayer, and travelings
Modes of Communications: Videochat, email
What is one question Kristen has helped you answer? “Kristen helped me answer the general question of what to do after graduating from college. She answered it by giving her own personal story of how it took some time before she settled down and found a more permanent career.” - Jordan
What is one goal you have helped Jordan set? “Get a more practical understanding of the Transportation Engineering field through internships and coursework.” - Kristen