The 2019 Engineering Student Recognition Ceremony at the McKelvey School of Engineering took place at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, May 16, in the Field House of the Athletic Complex at Washington University in St. Louis.
The annual event honors all graduating students and, during the ceremony, participating May 2019 degree candidates and August and December 2018 graduates will be individually recognized. The ceremony is expected to last approximately two hours.
For those unable to attend the ceremony, we will stream the recognition ceremony live on the McKelvey Engineering website. Check back closer to the event date to find the link.
Department receptions will take place immediately after the ceremony at the following locations:
- Biomedical Engineering: Whitaker Hall Atrium
- Computer Science & Engineering: Lopata Gallery/Sever Plaza
- Electrical & Systems Engineering: Green Hall Collaboration Space
- Energy, Environmental & Chemical Engineering: Brauer Hall Lobby
- Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science: Jubel Hall
- Sever Institute: TLC space, located on the fifth floor of Lopata Hall
The university-wide ceremony will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, May 17, on Brookings Quadrangle. Students are expected to arrive along Louderman Hall by 7:45 a.m. to line up.
Family and guests of participating graduates do not have to RSVP or obtain tickets for either event. Attendees should note, however, that seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Parking may also be a challenge, so be sure to plan ahead accordingly. We suggest guests attending the Engineering Student Recognition Ceremony on Thursday park at either the Danforth University Center or Snow Way garages. Find more parking information online at the WashU Commencement website.