WashU Undergraduate Students
Registration: Please use the Engineering Summer School Enrollment Form to register for Engineering courses.
WashU Graduate Students
All currently enrolled Washington University in St. Louis (WashU) students are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor before registering for courses to make sure that the courses will apply to their degree program. Those not currently enrolled in any WashU program are encouraged to seek similar advice from Engineering Student Services.
Tuition & Payments
Engineering summer courses are charged on a per unit basis using the schedule below. Electronic billing statements for summer will generate once you are enrolled in your summer course(s). Summer bills will be electronically sent on the last business day of the month, beginning at the end of April, and all summer balances will be due May 22.
|Independent Study ||$1,734/unit|
Students owing past due balances from prior semesters, including spring 2017, will not be allowed to register. Nonpayment of tuition and other expenses will result in a Student Accounting Hold.
| || Employer Payments: Employer reimbursements that are contingent upon course completion and/or a satisfactory grade will not exempt the student from stated due dates.|
| || Embassy Payments: If payment is to be made by an embassy, the student must submit a copy of a letter of certification from the embassy at the time of registration. Embassy payments will not exempt the student from stated due dates.|
| || Refunds: If a student withdraws from a class, a withdrawal email is required.|
If a student needs to drop a course, a refund is determined using the following schedule:
| || Session I|| Session II|| Session III|| Session IV|
|Course Registration Begins||March 29||March 29||March 29||March 29|
| Classes Begin|| May 22|| June 12|| June 12|| July 17|
|Last day to register without instructor approval||May 24||June 16||June 19||July 21|
|Last day to drop without a "W"||May 24||June 16||June 19||July 21|
|Last day to drop and receive a 100% refund||May 24||June 16||June 19||July 21|
|Last day to drop and receive a 50% refund||May 26||June 20||June 26||July 25|
| No refunds given after|| May 26|| June 20|| June 26|| July 25|
|Last day to change grade option||June 5||July 10||July 24||Aug. 14|
|Last day to withdraw from courses||June 5||July 10||July 31||Aug. 14|
| Classes End|| June 9|| July 14|| August 4|| August 17|
Session 5 (Special Session)
- If the course meets 3 days or fewer, it must be dropped prior to the start of course for 100% refund. Thereafter, no refund is applied.
- If the course meets for 4 calendar days up to 1 week, you have 24 hours after the first class to drop for 100% refund. Thereafter, no refund is applied.
- If you are taking a Special Format course (e.g., Weekend or Intensive Format) that meets 2-4 weeks, you have 48 hours after the first class to drop for 100% refund. Thereafter, no refund is applied.
- If the course meets for 5-6 weeks, you have 4 days after the first class to drop for 100% refund, and 8 days after the first class to drop for a 50% refund. Thereafter, no refund is applied.
- If the course meets 7 weeks or more, you have 7 days after the first class to drop for 100% refund, and 14 days after the first class to drop with a 50% refund. Thereafter, no refund is applied.
The last day to drop without a W-Withdrawal is the same as the 100% refund date for all courses.
Course Cancellations & Changes
The University reserves the right to withdraw any course with insufficient enrollment, to change instructors or classrooms, or to modify courses as necessary. If a class is canceled, a full refund will be made to the student.
Grades & Transcripts
Students may choose to take classes for a letter grade, pass/fail, or an audit (excluding CSE courses). Changes can be made from one option to another by submitting an email. Transcripts may be ordered online from the Office of the University Registrar.
Students scheduled to receive their degrees or certificates after completing the summer semester must file a Statement of Intent to Graduate on WebSTAC no later than June 30. Degrees will not be conferred until October. Diplomas will be mailed to the student's permanent mailing address in late October.