It's easy to start your application today.
In addition to the sorting and filtering options in the “Kaltura Media Gallery”, playlists allow you to determine how your students will see your media for a particular module, theme or lesson. To create a playlist:
- Go to your Canvas course and click on the “Kaltura My Media” option in the left-hand navigation column.
- Locate the “Options” icon in the upper right-hand corner. Click on it.
- A dropdown menu should appear. Select the “+ Create channel playlist” option.
- A “Create Playlist” window will pop up. Respond to the prompts. When you are done responding, click the “Create” button.
- After clicking the “Create” button, you should be directed to a playlist editing page. This page is organized into two columns: the “Add Items To Your Playlist” column and your “Playlist” column. The “Add Items To Your Playlist” lists all the content that can be added to your new playlist. Browse and/or search this column.
- Identify the videos you want to add to your new playlist. Click on the “+” icon associated with each of the videos you want to add. As you click the “+” icon, it will become a “check” icon, and your specified video should appear in the “Playlist” column.
- Once you have made your selections, click the “Go to Media Gallery” button.
- Under the “Details” tab in the Media Gallery, you can describe the playlist, include tags, and enable/disable Annoto. To save these choices, click the “Save” button.
- After clicking the “Save” button, you will return to the same “Edit Media Gallery” page. However, should you want to edit your new playlist, click on the “Playlists” tab.
- After clicking the “Playlists” tab, new editing options should appear. With these options, you can search for playlists; create a new playlist by clicking the “+Create Channel Playlist” button; and edit a playlist by clicking the associated “pencil” icon. You can also delete a playlist by clicking the associated “trashcan” icon.
- If there is no need to edit your playlists, return to your “Kaltura Media Gallery.” There, you should find your newly created channel.