Research at the McKelvey School of Engineering, home of state-of-the-art laboratories and nationally and internationally recognized faculty, aims to advance technology and innovation by addressing world challenges we face today and in the future. Our efforts are enhanced through creative collaborations with leading industrial partners. This support comes in the form of both sponsored projects and gifts. We have a number of research areas that align directly with industry.
Core Research Areas
- Clean Energy Systems: Creating technologies for a healthier future with affordable and accessible clean energy alternatives
- Data Sciences for Humanity: Applying data sciences and computing to a range of societal problems and harnessing that knowledge to improve the human condition
- Imaging Sciences & Technology: Developing innovative imaging technologies aimed at transforming clinical research and the practice of medicine worldwide
- Mechanobiology: Studying how biological systems sense, generate and respond to physical forces
- Nano-Scale Engineering: Developing nanoscale technologies from materials and devices to integrated systems
- Quantitative Biology & Pharmacology: Improving quantitative understanding of how complex diseases develop and how infectious disease become resistant to existing drugs
- Smart Environmental Systems: Advancing our knowledge of the life cycle of important nutrients and resources by using the networking capabilities of innovative materials and novel sensors
Core Research Facilities & Centers
McKelvey Research Tools
Through McKelvey Engineering staff, the Joint Research Office for Contracts, the Office of Technology Management, and Corporate Relations, we can help facilitate any of the following types of agreements with industry partners.
- Master Research Agreements
- Sponsored Research Contracts
- Research Grants
- Research Gifts
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Fee for Service Agreements
- Facility Use Agreements
Search WashU Technology
Strategically aligning your research and development activities is crucial to staying competitive. The McKelvey School of Engineering provides industry an opportunity to work with world-class researchers to solve critical problems facing the world today. For further information about collaborating through research, contact the Industry Relations Manager, Rebecca Spear at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-935-9425.