Official transcripts showing receipt of the degree earned need to be submitted for all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Official transcripts should be sent directly to the School of Engineering & Applied Science from the source institution, or in a stamped and sealed institutional envelope. Transcripts must be in English.
WashU School of Engineering & Applied Science
Attention: Graduate Admissions
1 Brookings Drive, CB 1220
St. Louis, MO 63130
School code: 6929
To report official GRE and TOEFL test scores please contact ETS and provide them with the Washington University in St. Louis school codes.
GRE – 6929 TOEFL - 6929
Financial Certification - International Master’s Applicants OnlyInternational master's applicants who have accepted an offer of admission must submit documentation proving sufficient funds are available to support their studies and living expenses. The minimum amount to be certified for the academic year is noted in the admission offer letters. The amount is based on the annual tuition charges plus an estimated cost-of-living figure, as well as an allocation for health insurance and student fees.
Master's applicants should be prepared to submit their financial documentation as soon as they accept their offer of admission; it should not be submitted earlier than that time.
PhD applicants do not need to submit financial documentation since they typically receive full financial support/funding through the University.
Financial Documentation Checklist
- Declaration & Certification Of Finances (DCOF)
- Select and download the DCOF form appropriate to the duration of your program of study (there are forms for one year programs, two year programs, etc…)
- Supporting Financial Certification Documents
- Must be in English or have an accompanied English translation;
- Reflect amount of money being provided in U.S. dollars AND indicate funds are immediately available
- Must be original documents issued/dated within six months of submission to WashU, bank letters must be on official letterhead and signed by a bank official (letters are preferred over statements)
- Bank statements can be accepted if they are certified by a bank official by signature and stamp/seal.
- Statement of Support
- To be submitted if the funds are in an account held by anyone other than the applicant.
International Graduate Student Status Form
All international students, once admitted, and regardless of any specific visa status, must complete the Graduate Student Status Form.
For more information please contact the Office for International Students and Scholars (OISS).