The following supplements are required to submit your application:
Application Fee ($75)
Unofficial Copies of all Transcripts
Transcripts must list the applicant’s name, name of the institution, and all grades received, in English.
Include full academic history – undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Three Letters of Recommendation
- Input recommendation providers' names and email addresses. Recommendation providers are automatically sent an email requesting a recommendation.
- Paper and email recommendations will not be accepted.
- The recommendations must be posted by the published deadline for final application submission.
Statement of Purpose & Resume/CV
- The Statement of Purpose should be a brief document explaining your goals and ambitions.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae is to be uploaded in the section immediately following the Statement of Purpose.
GRE scores are required for all PhD and full-time Master’s applicants with the exception of applicants to the M. Eng. in Biomedical Innovation degree program.
GRE scores are not required for applicants to part-time Master’s or the Bachelor’s/Master’s programs.
If submitting scores, applicants must report their official scores via ETS at the time of application submission for evaluation purposes. The WashU School Code is 6929.
English Proficiency Testing
TOEFL/IELTS scores required for all international applicants.
Applicants must report their official TOEFL score via ETS at the time of application submission for evaluation purposes. The WashU School Code is 6929.
Expired test scores are not accepted for English Proficiency verification.
We only accept paper copies of the official IELTS score report sent to our institution; electronic copies are not accepted. The address is:
WashU McKelvey School of Engineering
Attention: Graduate Admissions
Lopata Hall, Suite 203
1 Brookings Drive, CB 1220
St. Louis, MO 63130
Note: This requirement may be waived if the applicant has a minimum of three years of documented study at an English-speaking institution, in a country where English is the primary language of daily living. Based on the evaluation of your application package, we retain the right to require English testing upon arrival and you may be required to take additional English classes. If you are recommended to take English classes, the cost of the courses will be your responsibility.