The following supplements are required to submit your application:
Application Fee ($75)
Unofficial Copies of all Transcripts
Transcripts must list the applicant’s name, name of the institution, and all grades received, in English.
Include full academic history – undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Three Letters of Recommendation
- Input recommendation providers' names and email addresses. Recommendation providers are automatically sent an email requesting a recommendation.
- Paper and email recommendations will not be accepted.
- The recommendations must be posted by the published deadline for final application submission.
Statement of Purpose & Resume/CV
- The Statement of Purpose should be a brief document explaining your goals and ambitions.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae is to be uploaded in the section immediately following the Statement of Purpose.
GRE scores are required for all PhD and full-time Master’s applicants.
GRE scores are not required for applicants to part-time Master’s or the Bachelor’s/Master’s programs.
Applicants must report their official GRE scores via ETS to the WashU School Code 6929.
English Proficiency Testing
Official TOEFL/IELTS scores required for all international applicants. See waiver eligibility requirements below.
Official score reports are only available for scores that are less than two years old. We do not accept expired scores.
We recommend a minimum TOEFL score of 90 or IELTS score of 6.5.
Applicants must report their official TOEFL scores via ETS to the WashU School Code 6929.
We only accept paper copies of the official IELTS score report sent to our institution; electronic copies are not accepted. The address is:
WashU McKelvey School of Engineering
Attention: Graduate Admissions
Lopata Hall, Suite 203
1 Brookings Drive, CB 1220
St. Louis, MO 63130
The English proficiency testing requirement may be waived for applicants who meet any of the below criteria:
- Is a citizen of Australia, Cameroon, Commonwealth Caribbean nations, Ghana, India, Ireland, Kenya, Liberia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore, Uganda, the United Kingdom, and Zimbabwe.
- Has completed a minimum of three years of documented study in a university-level academic program in the United States or one of the countries listed above.
- Has completed a minimum of three years of documented study in an English-medium academic program in Canada, Hong Kong, or South Africa.
Based on the evaluation of your application package, we retain the right to require English testing upon arrival and you may be required to take additional English classes. If you are recommended to take English classes, the cost of the courses will be your responsibility.