Special Fellowship Opportunity for students from China
Prospective applicants and current first year PhD students from China admitted to any McKelvey School of Engineering doctoral program have an opportunity to apply for additional funding and benefits through a special joint scholarship agreement between China Scholarship Council
(CSC) and Washington University, known as the CSC-WashU Joint Funding Program.
What Is the China Scholarship Council (CSC)?
The CSC is the Chinese Ministry of Education's non-profit organization that provides financial support for international academic exchange in China. CSC provides funding for citizens and residents of China to study abroad; and it provides support to foreign students and scholars wishing to study in China.
Benefits of the CSC-WashU Joint Fellowship
In addition to the standard funding package provided by McKelvey School of Engineering PhD programs (full tuition and living stipend), selectees of the CSC-WashU Joint Funding Program will receive the following benefits:
- Additional stipend bonus of $5,000 USD each year for up to four years
- One-way airline ticket to St. Louis for settling in
- Round trip airline ticket to Chinese alma mater each year for up to four years
- Health Insurance at Washington University in St. Louis
- Cohort programming for CSC Scholars
- Prestigious CSC Scholar designation
Eligibility for the CSC-WashU Joint Fellowship
- Applicant must be a citizen of the People's Republic of China and a graduate of any university in China (residents of Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan are not eligible)
- Applicants must have a doctoral application in progress to the McKelvey School of Engineering or be enrolled in their first year of any engineering PhD program
Please check the CSC website for additional information.
- Applicants must complete the application for CSC funding between March 10 and March 31. Please refer to the CSC website for the required application materials. www.csc.edu.cn.
- An introduction to the CSC-WashU fellowship can be found https://bg.csc.edu.cn/ (in Mandarin) by selecting "USA" and "PhD student", then scroll to select "Washington University in St. Louis"
- Please email Teresa Sarai at the McKelvey School of Engineering if you apply for the fellowship, and include your full name, date of birth, date you submitted your application to CSC, and the McKelvey PhD program you are applying to (or, if a current student, the PhD program in which you are enrolled).
Application Deadline: The application must be completed by March 31, 2019. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Notification: Students should log in to their CSC account on April 10 to review the results for Washington University. CSC will not send email notifications to applicants.