Eligible master's programs include:
Benefit to students:
- Students receive full tuition remission for up to four semesters.
- Students receive competitive financial support.
- Students who complete the program can use the course credit earned and thesis to receive consideration for direct admission without application and advanced standing in a PhD program.
- Students must pursue the thesis track of the applicable master of science degree program.
- Students would take at least 9 units each the fall and spring while conducting research in a lab.
- Summer coursework is not required but supported summer research is possible.
- Students will be connected directly with faculty advisers who will mentor the student’s research.
- Students are expected to choose a research adviser by the end of the first semester.
Detailed requirements for the program may vary by department
Who is eligible and how to apply?
- This fellowship is open to domestic students* at this time.
- The application deadline is March 1. Start your application
- During the application process, you will complete an essay (about 250 words) that touch on the following points:
- In which research areas are you most interested? (CSE research, ESE research, MEMS research)
- Based on your research interests, which faculty members are you most interested in working with? (CSE faculty, ESE faculty, MEMS faculty)
- What skills have you gained that will allow you to become a valued member of the faculty member's research team?
* Citizen or non-citizen national of the United States or an individual who has been lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States.